This website is owned by Volvo Car Financial Services UK Ltd, trading as Polestar Finance.
Our website uses technology to collect information about its use, to distinguish between users, to help us provide you with a good experience and to allow us to improve the site and the service we offer. This means that when you visit our website, cookies or similar technologies will be placed on your computer or other device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone, or other device when you visit our website. A cookie file is stored on your device and allows us, or our third-party partners (see below), to recognise you and make your visit easier and more useful to you when you revisit our website.
Cookies allow us to recognise users (where appropriate), tailor the content on our website to fit the needs of our website’s visitors and helps us improve the user experience. Without certain types of cookies enabled, we can’t guarantee that the website and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
- If you ever ask us to ‘Remember my ID’ to allow you to log on more easily, we’ll use a cookie to make it work.
Types of cookies
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the website.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. For example, if you tick the ‘Remember my ID’ box when you log onto one of our services a persistent cookie will be used, so that the website remembers you the next time you use it. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
Third party websites
The cookies we use
To help you understand cookies and the reasons for them, we’ve provided a description of each cookie we use:
These cookies are essential for the running of our website. The table below details the essential cookies that we use.
Polestar Finance Website:
|Test if cookie can be set. WordPress also sets wordpress_test_cookie cookie to check if the cookies are enabled on the browser to provide appropriate user experience to the users. This cookie is used on the front-end, even if you are not logged in
|End of session
Polestar Apply Online:
|Used to show cookie consent and remember your choices about cookies on this website. Where you’ve previously indicated a preference, it will be stored in these cookies so the site remembers it when you come back
|1 year from being set
|Used to remember your Application number for a short time after exiting the application so you can log back in
|Used to remember your email address for a short time after exiting the application so you can log back in
|URL for returning to Polestar’s website
|Anti-forgery cookie which stops attacks where a malicious site sends a request to a vulnerable site where the user is currently logged in
|End of session
|Session ID (identifies the session for issue resolution is required)
|Player & Vuid
|These are vimeo cookies and used to play Product Descriptor Videos
|1 year and 2 years respectively
Experience and insight cookies (Polestar Apply Online pages ONLY):
These cookies help us to make sure you have the best possible experience on our website:
- they help us to make the website easier to use and help you find what you need more easily;
- they help us to test and improve the content you see; and
- we can understand if you found out about our products and services through a price comparison website.
The table below details the experience and insight cookies that we use:
|Used to distinguish users
|Used to distinguish users
|Used to limit the number of messages being sent to Google from your browser
You can manage the use of Experience and Insight cookies our website stores upon entering your Polestar Apply Online application.
Deleting and controlling cookies in your browser
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developers website.